Rarotonga and Aitutaki

Our adventures on Rarotonga and Aitutaki!
Rarotonga and Aitutaki

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 4 - Aitutaki

Today we were up bright and early. We had a 5 am pickup to go deep sea fishing. Today was a bit rough. Dinner didn't sit so well with me last night and I got soooooo sea sick. It was terrible. I battled with my stomach the entire 5 1/2 hours. We didn't really have a lot of luck with fishing. Finally about half way through the morning a gentlemen from CA caught a barracuda. Then at the end of the trip they took us to a spot where we were all able to catch some tuna. I guess if you don't succeed at the big game fish, they take you to a sure spot to catch a tuna. It was still fun to reel in the tunas. Craig had a great time. I was glad to get back on land again. I was sick the rest of the day. I think at that point, I was ready to come home.

For dinner we headed back to the burger shack to grab some fish and chips for Craig and I had a hot dog and fries. My hot dog ended up being a corn dog. It was deep fried. But the fries were so yummy. I don't know what the seasonings were but they were good.

For New Year's Eve it was a long walk up the beach to the airport and back. We were exhausted by the time we got back. Plus there were some killer crabs out to get us.

No comments:

Post a Comment